Content of the material
- Online Side Hustling Ideas
- 17. Money-making strategy: Help with home gardening
- 16. Sell your own talents
- 6. Money-making strategy: Deliver for PostMates
- 20. Invest with a Robo-Advisor
- Why should you invest with a Robo advisor?
- 1. Betterment
- 2. Acorns
- 3. Wealthfront
- Most Profitable Blogging Categories
- 21. Become a graphic designer
- 11. Open an online savings account
- 16. Ways to Earn Money Online with Video, VR, and Drones
- Blogging Revenue Is A Function Of Traffic
- 42. Sell your old electronics
Online Side Hustling Ideas
For most people, an online side hustle is the easiest way to get started; you can find free WiFi a lot of places and the startup costs are minimal.
17. Money-making strategy: Help with home gardening
Offering your services as a local gardener could make you enough money quick enough to satisfy some pressing needs. There are loads of options from mowing lawns and pulling weeds to planning gardens and decor. If you pitch to enough neighbors, you’ll find at least a few takers. It’ll definitely be worth your while.
16. Sell your own talents
Experiences are the next big thing, with people offering their expertise directly to consumers. Look into a site like Skillshare to offer a class online. Dabble is another one we love, and Fiverr is also worth exploring.
6. Money-making strategy: Deliver for PostMates
You can earn some cash when you’re in dire straits by using PostMates, and you don’t even need a car, just a bike for deliveries in busier cities and downtown centers. I’ve used it often to get food from specialty places that don’t deliver themselves, but it can be used for many things.
PostMates states on their website that you could earn up to $25/hour doing deliveries. You could also earn some tips in the process so it’s a great option for people that are looking to do something in their spare time, similar to the big ride-sharing apps that are hogging up app stores everywhere.
20. Invest with a Robo-Advisor
Most of you might have heard of financial consultants. A trading expert. An investment guru.
But the term Robo advisor is still not a household name.
That said, their impact on the financial advisory industry is growing fast.
Robo advisors are software products that can help you manage your finances and investments.
They are automated, financial advisors.
What is the reason behind the popularity of Robo advisors? Well, Robo advisors are most popular among the folks who can’t shell out a budget to hire a financial advisor or don’t want to either way.
These automated robotic advisors, with their smart technology, select investments for you and then build a diversified portfolio.
Why should you invest with a Robo advisor?
If you don’t like to go through the hassle of hiring a financial advisor or lack funds to do so, then investing with Robo advisors is the right option for you.
Here are the other reasons why you should invest in Robo advisors:
- One of the most significant reasons to invest with a robo-advisor is to avoid mistakes. It’s as simple as that: humans often tend to make decisions based on emotions, gut feelings, or in the heat of the moment. On the other hand, Robo advisors work pragmatically, and that’s the reason why you can avoid drastic mistakes while investing with them.
- Another reason is the hassle-free investment. You have to open your account, and then the Robo advisor will take care of everything for you. From making changes to your portfolio to placing trades, you don’t have to worry about these things anymore.
Investing in Betterment is extremely easy.
You choose the mix of bonds and stocks that you desire, set your goals, and leave the rest to Betterment.
If you don’t want to dabble into the confusing avenue of the stock exchange or mutual bonds, then investing with Betterment is your best bet.
On top of that, their services will not cost you much either. Their digital plan is priced at 0.25 percent annually.
The Acorns app is one of the few robo advisors that target a younger demographic as well. With the minimum investment limit of as little as $5, it is one of the best options for inexperienced investors and for the investors who are a bit skeptical about investing their money with robo-advisors.
Like Betterment, it is also blisteringly easy to use.
It will ask you simple questions like your investing goals, your comfort level with risk, and an estimated time limit to achieve your goals. You have to answer these questions, and then Acorns will help you as per your preferences.
Get started with Acorns.
Often overlooked in favor of its more famous counterparts like Betterment and Acorns, Wealthfront is more popular amid the middle-aged populace.
While it has all the capabilities of your regular robo-advisor, what sets it apart from the rest is low fees on accounts and tax reduction for accounts with high balances.
Investment features are similar to other robo advisors. However, unlike Betterment, Wealthfront doesn’t shy away from talking about complex aspects of investments with its investors.
Most Profitable Blogging Categories
1. Finance / Personal Finance – It’s where all the money is, after all.
2. Boring Product Reviews – You can write endless product reviews on things you don’t even use to earn affiliate income. Just hire a bunch of freelance writers to do your work and you’re done.
3. Travel / Lifestyle – Who doesn’t want to live a glamorous travel lifestyle, blogging off the coast of Santorini? I would. The key is to sell the dream, baby!
4. Fashion – Look good, make money. The higher price the brand, the more you will make because luxury brands themselves have the highest profit margin in fashion. There’s an opportunity for males to get into this category because it is dominated by women
5. Health Products / Supplements – People are infatuated with health, life, and fitness. There are plenty of sports drinks, exercise drinks, health pills, etc that can be marketed.
21. Become a graphic designer
A graphic designer creates digital art for their clients. And it’s actually a lot easier to make money as a graphic designer than some might think – it just takes a little persistence.
First, you’ll need to create a portfolio. After that, you can find direct clients to work with by using sites like Fiverr, where you can sell your talents. You can also post videos of you teaching graphic design – with product placement – and get clients that way.
11. Open an online savings account
Opening an online savings and checking account can earn you a much higher interest rate than at traditional banks.
That means all you have to do is sit back and put your money in the right place.
16. Ways to Earn Money Online with Video, VR, and Drones
People love videos. From Twitter and Instagram stories to making money on YouTube, video is insanely popular. According to Cisco, by 2022, video will account for 82% of all internet traffic.
Brands have produced millions of dollars in revenue by implementing video strategies.
And advancements in video technology and video editing software are leading to even more exciting opportunities for making money online.
One of the more traditional, yet still profitable methods is selling stock photos and stock video content online on a site like Shutterstock.
Use your iPhone to capture high-quality visuals and upload them for purchase.
If you love video games, you can also make money streaming them, providing game reviews, and more on Twitch, which is now owned by Amazon.
With the help of a drone, you can also record and sell high-ticket aerial photography.
Josh Boughner received a drone as a birthday present and ended up turning it into the largest real estate drone network in the US.
It all started by only taking a few aerial photographs for a local real estate company:
But, Boughner quickly started making sales rapidly with drone footage, including inspections, advertisement videos for hotels and resorts, and even surveillance.
To make money with video, you’ll need to invest in quality hardware, whether it’s a 360-degree camera, VR technology, or a drone. Thankfully the costs are going down rapidly, and you get get a high-quality drone on Amazon for less than $1500.
You’ll also need to purchase video and photo editing software and learn how to use it like a pro.
Blogging Revenue Is A Function Of Traffic
The more traffic you can receive, the more revenue you will earn. Take a look at this chart on how much you can earn by pageview.
It’s not unrealistic to make between $0.01 – $0.10 per page view in many blogging niches across display and affiliate ads. So if you get 1,000 page views a month, you can make between $10-$100 per month. But if you can get to 100,000 page views a month you can make between $1,000 – $10,000 off of your blog per month.
You must consistently produce valuable content so that your readers start following and trusting you. Sooner or later, your valuable content will start getting ranked in the search engines like Google. Eventually, they will turn into perpetual traffic generating machines that allows your blog to continuously grow.
42. Sell your old electronics
Before they get old(er) and (out)dated, try selling your electronics. Amazon might offer to buy them. And we also recommend checking into Gazelle.