Content of the material
- Tips on how to sell gift cards online instantly
- Ways To Exchange Gift Cards
- Sell a Gift Card on GiftDeals
- Like What You’re Reading?
- Gift card selection
- 5. Card Kangaroo: A great inventory of cards
- Reasons to buy
- Sell Your Gift Card in Person
- 3. Sell your gift card for cash near me
- Garage Sale
- Trade gift cards / Exchange gift card
- 2. Can I Trade a Gift Card for a Gift Card?
- Sell or Swap a Gift Card on CardCash
- 5. Are There Discount Gift Card Apps?
- Where to purchase RL Exchange Gift Card?
- When to Sell Your Gift Card
- Can You Get Cash Back From Free Gift Cards?
- NEW HERE?
Tips on how to sell gift cards online instantly
Have the following in mind when you sell gift cards instantly.
- Sell gift card online instantly instead of physically to avoid shipping costs.
- It is also possible to sell gift cards online instantly that are partially used and if possible, opt to trade a gift card instead of selling it.
- Finally, since gift cards do not have expiry dates, you can wait to sell it at your preferred price.
Ways To Exchange Gift Cards
Consult the following table to check out the popular gift card exchange methods:
|Ways To Trade Gift Cards||Explanation|
|Visiting the nearest gift card exchange kiosk||To sell your gift card in person and get cash instantly, you should look for an exchange kiosk in your area|
|Selling your gift card online||You can register for a website dedicated to the sale and purchase of gift cards. Make sure to do thorough research before deciding which website to use—some platforms offer better payouts than others|
|Trading your gift card for a different one||Various online platforms enable you to trade the gift card in question for another one (from a different store). You can also head over to your local Target or Walmart and check if they offer store credits in exchange for your gift card|
Sell a Gift Card on GiftDeals
Though you can’t yet sell cards to GiftDeals online, you can sell them in person, at least in a few limited areas of the US. At the site, click the Sell Gift Cards (In Person) link. You’re shown a map of some locations in Ohio, West Virginia, Michigan, and South Carolina where you can sell cards at various stores.
The contact details list the name, address, and phone number of each store, so you’ll want to call a store before you head there to make sure it will buy whatever card you want to sell.
Like What You’re Reading?
Sign up for Tips & Tricks newsletter for expert advice to get the most out of your technology.
Thanks for signing up! Your subscription has been confirmed. Keep an eye on your inbox! Sign up for other newsletters
Gift card selection
Because users are buying and selling cards all the time it’s difficult to say exactly how “good” one website’s selection is compared to another. While our tests looked for three well-known gift card retailers across all websites, we acknowledge this is flawed because those cards could reappear or disappear from any site at any time. What we’d recommend is to shop around; if you can’t find the gift card you want on one website, you might be able to find it on another.
5. Card Kangaroo: A great inventory of cardsA good all-rounder, with a decent selection of cards
Buys physical cards?: Yes Buys store credit?: No Maximum payment: Up to 85% of value
Reasons to buy
+ Over 1,300 cards on offer + Fast selling process + Free shipping on physical cards…
Card Kangaroo has an inventory of about 1,300 cards as of last November and has served nearly 59,000 customers. You can use this website to buy, sell or trade your unwanted gift cards or simply check the remaining balance of a card you found in your wallet. CardKangaroo guarantees the stated balance up to $500 of purchased gift cards for 100 days from the day you buy them. They accept major credit cards as well as PayPal.
If you’re looking to sell cards you simply select the merchant, value of the card and get an offer from the website. This company is unique in that you’ll receive a shipping label and be asked to mail your gift card in, rather than simply providing the card’s number and other information. If this isn’t too much of a hurdle for you, CardKangaroo is a great gift card swap option. You’ll receive payment via a check in the mail or through PayPal.
If you’d rather trade for a different gift card you simply click that option after providing information about the card you no longer want. Once you’ve picked which gift card you want, you’ll have to ship yours in before getting the one you swapped it for in the mail.
Sell Your Gift Card in Person
If you want to sell your gift card in person, rather than dealing with online gift card exchanges, you have a few options.
- Cardpool.com (formerly Coinstar) gift card kiosks: If you don’t want to make your swap online, you can visit certain in-store kiosks, operated by Cardpool.com. These machines, once owned and operated by Coinstar, accept gift cards from more than 150 retailers and restaurants, as long as they have a balance of at least $15. The kiosk will make you an offer for the card—and if you accept the offer, you’ll get a voucher that you can redeem for cash at the register of the shop the kiosk is located in.
- Target trade-in: If you love shopping at Target, you’ll be pleased to know the big-box retailer will trade store credit for gift cards from more than 100 different retailers and restaurants through its own in-store exchange. Not all Target stores participate in the program, so you should check the website to see if your local store is part of the Target trade-in program.
Typically, in-store trade-ins offers lower resale returns than the online exchange marketplaces, says Hunter, but the payout is more immediate: “You’ve got to ask yourself if you value the dollar amount or convenience more.”
3. Sell your gift card for cash near me
Where Can I sell gift cards for cash instantly near me? Below are some of the way you can get instant cash for gift cards near you. If you don’t want to use the options above to trade your gift cards for cash, there are more options available.
A Garage Sale may also be a good option to sell your gift cards. This is really useful when you find it difficult to sell a gift card online or in-person kiosk. It is not sure whether you will make a profit because it depends on the interest the prospective shopper intends to make. Request your potential buyer to dial 1-800 number which is free to confirm the card balance.
Craigslist is a local gift card selling app. It is the best place to sell gift cards for local businesses. Before you sell your gift cards online, it is critical that the buyer confirms the card balance.
Trade gift cards / Exchange gift card
In case you have received a gift card other than the one you had targeted, you can exchange it and get your target gift card. Several stores deal with the exchange of gift cards. Even in instances when you have used some part of a gift card, you can still exchange the remaining part. You can ask people within your circle if they would consider exchanging their gift cards. You can also exchange gift cards for other gift cards online. Sites where you can trade gift cards for other gift cards include Raise.
2. Can I Trade a Gift Card for a Gift Card?
SHORT ANSWER: Kinda, sorta.
A few years ago, you could take a gift card back to a retailer and use the gift card to buy a new gift card at full value. That is seldom the case any longer. Now to trade a gift card for another gift card, you generally have to sell the unwanted gift card to a reseller for less than face value and, if possible, accept a different gift card in return. Here are some examples:
- Target Gift Cards. At some Target stores, you can trade unwanted gift cards for Target gift cards. I just “traded” a $25 Best Buy gift card for a Target gift card valued at $16.50. The offer is much lower than it would be if I sold the gift card directly to an online reseller, but the payout is instant and easy to use since I was already at Target.
- Amazon Gift Cards. At some gift card resellers, you can select an Amazon.com egift card as payment and receive a payout that is 6% higher than if you opt to sell a gift card for cash. The Amazon.com egift card will be delivered fairly quickly via email. I entered a $25 Best Buy gift card and received an offer for a $22.38 check in the mail or a $23.72 Amazon egift card sent to my email.
- Any Gift Card. On the CardCash website, it says you can get a higher return if you select another brand gift card as your payout option.
As I find other ways to trade gift cards, I will add them to this list.
Sell or Swap a Gift Card on CardCash
Want to sell a card instead? At the top of the homepage, click Sell Gift Cards. Type the retailer’s name and the amount to receive a cash offer that’s less than the total value of the card. You can also add additional cards if necessary.
Either take the money and run or opt to trade it in for another card and score a better deal. If you choose the money, you can get paid via a printed check, ACH direct deposit, or PayPal Express.
The site asks you to add the number and PIN of the card you’re selling, as well as your credit card details to verify your address. You’ll then receive a printable order page with instructions on mailing your gift card.
5. Are There Discount Gift Card Apps?
SHORT ANSWER: Yes.
Saving with discount gift cards is great, but you do have commit your money to a brand before buying the merchandise you want. So this is one of the reasons I like using discount gift card apps. With a reliable app, I can buy the discount gift cards I need after I have selected merchandise but before going to the cash register. I do, however, want to share a few tips on that.
Shop Online. Discount gift codes work beautifully when you are shopping online because you can surf for what you want and THEN decide to buy a discount gift card to offset the cost. I do this frequently. I’ll figure out something I want to buy, put it in my shopping cart, then look for discount gift cards I can use to reduce the total cost of purchase.
Allow Extra Time in Stores. I have also purchased discount gift cards while at the store, but I only do this if I have time to wait. Because the purchase needs to be verified, it’s possible I’ll get a call from the reseller or have to wait a few minutes (or more) to get the discount code delivered to my email. And then there’s the issue of cellular connections and reliable wi-fi in stores to think about as well. If I do not have time to wait while shopping, I buy discount gift cards at home and hold off on the actual trip until the codes or cards arrive.
Below are some gift card resellers that have discount gift card apps that can be used on a mobile device:
Where to purchase RL Exchange Gift Card?
You can purchase RL Exchange Gift Cards at variety of reputable online marketplaces such as G2A, Kinguin or Card Zone. We are always displaying the best buy options on this page. The Gift Cards do not expire and can always be activated to increase your balance. RL Exchange Gift Cards can be purchased with all payment methods offered by the merchants, including Cards, Skrill, PayPal and more!
When to Sell Your Gift Card
Gift card exchanges tend to offer lower resale values immediately after the holidays, warns Romanelli. “There is so much supply coming into the market that many cards don’t sell for as high as they might in the summer,” he says. He notes that some people hold on to their gift cards for an extra month or so, in order to earn a few percentage points more in returns.
Just make sure you don’t wait so long that you forget to exchange your gift card at all, warns Shelley Hunter, GiftCards.com’s content manager. The longer people hold on to a gift card, she says, the more likely they are to forget about it and never exchange or sell it.
“People shouldn’t have heartache over not getting 100% of the card’s value back, because they’re not getting any value out of it by keeping it,” she says.
Can You Get Cash Back From Free Gift Cards?
- Participate in various surveys
- Send referral links for certain services to their friends
- Shop through various apps and websites (e.g., Drop, Ibotta, and CapitalOne Shopping)
If you received and used a free gift card, but you didn’t spend all the money, you can rely on DoNotPay. You don’t have to lose time trying to figure out how to use the remaining balance on your gift card. We will help you claim extra cash in a matter of minutes so that you can spend it someplace else.
Registration is free and easy!
- Faster checkout
- Save multiple shipping addresses
- View and track orders and more