Content of the material
Most Popular News
- Zerodha’s Nikhil Kamath has some advice for Gen-Z: Save money by moving to a Tier 2 city, liquid cash is vital
- Majority of India’s 900 million workforce stop looking for jobs
- Govt starts work to bring parity to long-term capital gains tax laws
- Indonesia palm oil export ban: Buyers like India have limited alternatives
- Adani lines up financing, frontrunner for Holcim India’s assets worth $10 billion
Terminology: The terms to know when discussing luxury cars
When you’re talking about a high-end vehicle, there are just a few niche terms you’ll need to know:
- Horsepower is a physical specification that can tell you just how much a car’s motor can do for you. It refers to the rate of the successful completion of movement as the output of a motor; early on in the automotive industry, the term was coined to reflect the number of horses a car’s motor might replace. (Hint: Almost always, more horsepoweris going to be much, much better.)
- Torque, in physics, refers to ‘turning energy’, or the force behind a car’s wheels as they turn against the ground. If a car boasts high torque, you’ll have more of that rotational energy. This can help give your car a higher acceleration.
- Carbon fibre is one of the high-end materials du jour when it comes to very expensive cars. It’s light, which can help make a car go faster; it’s usually used for the exterior of an expensive vehicle.
- Synthetic suede is also known as Alcantara. It lends a supple, buttery feel to the interior of a luxury cabin, without the environmental impact often associated with natural suede.
Who bought the 19 million dollar Bugatti?
“La Voiture Noire” is valued at a staggering $18 million USD, claiming the title for the most expensive new car ever made. The owner of the one-off hypercar has yet to be officially revealed but there has been speculation that it was bought by former VW Group chairman Ferdinand Piech.
Frequently asked questions about the most expensive cars of 2022What are the 10 most expensive cars?
The top 10 most expensive cars are:Pagani Huayra: $3.5 millionLamborghini Sian: $3.6 millionBugatti Chiron Super Sport: $5.7 millionBugatti Divo: $6 millionBugatti Centodieci: $9 millionRolls-Royce Sweptail: $13 millionPagani Zonda: $17.6 millionBugatti La Voiture Noire: $18.7 millionRolls-Royce Boat Tail: $28 million1963 Ferrari 250 GTO: $70 millionOur full list details all of the most expensive cars of 2022.What is the world’s most expensive car?
The world’s most expensive car is the 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO with an estimated price tag of $70 million. This car was victorious not only in the Tour de France, but it also placed in the Le Mans. Read our full guide for all of the world’s most expensive cars.What is the most expensive brand of car?
The world’s most expensive brand of car is the Ferrari, and more specifically the 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO. It comes with a price tag of $70 million. Current owners of the most expensive car of all time include American fashion designer Ralph Lauren and Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason.
What is the most expensive Rolls Royce? The most expensive Rolls Royce is the Rolls-Royce Boat Tail, with an estimated value of $28 million. Only three have ever been built in the world. Read our full guide for all of the world’s most expensive cars in 2022.