Content of the material
- FOSHIO Car Vinyl Wrap Window Tint Film Stickers Tool Kit, Plastic Razor Scraper, Magnetic Holder, Metal Plate, Felt Squeegees, Utility Knife, Zippy Safe Cutter Air Release Pen Cutter
- WINDOW TINT REPAIR – THE REAR WINDOW… A CAUTION
- 23 Pcs Tint Window Kit Car Window Tint Car Wrapping Micro Squeegee Tool Kit Mini Flexible Squeegee Curves Slot Tint Tool Set with Different Hardness for Installing Vehicle Wraps Tint Film Window Tint and Auto Stickers
- Window Tint Repair – “Can you just repair the tint, or is replacement the only option?”
- Why Choose Auto Glass & Tint Shop
- Part 2 of 3: Fix tearing window tint
- Next Step
- Schedule Windows Inspection
FOSHIO Car Vinyl Wrap Window Tint Film Stickers Tool Kit, Plastic Razor Scraper, Magnetic Holder, Metal Plate, Felt Squeegees, Utility Knife, Zippy Safe Cutter Air Release Pen Cutter
- The scraper, which is light and easy to grip, comes with 10 Replace razor blades made of plastic to remove stickers easily without scratching.
- Has a 2 in 1 multi-functional stick art knife pen, five spare blades, and a zippy safety cutter.
- Includes a magnet holder and a 100% silicone metal plate, which is strong enough to keep the film stickers in place, without scratching the film.
- Three squeegees are made of different materials and one 90 degree right angle squeegee. Having four different types to choose from is great because they give you the flexibility to choose the correct one for the job.
- A stainless steel handle for the thirty-degree lockable snap-off utility knife makes it easy to cut the thin tint material. Includes 10 spare blades and a measurable mini squeegee.
FOSHIO Vinyl Wrap Window Tint Tools Gift for Men, Plastic Scraper, Magnet Holder, Metal Plate, Corner Felt Squeegees, Vinyl Knife & Pin Pen Cutter Blades for Car Body Vinyl Head Tail Light Film Wrap FOSHIO amazon.com $23.99 SHOP NOW
WINDOW TINT REPAIR – THE REAR WINDOW… A CAUTION
As outlined above, window tint repair is NOT possible. However, window tint replacement is the only option when window tinting is damaged or has lived its life and needs to be “fixed”.
Here is the warning you need to know about BEFORE you have the tint replaced on the rear window of your car…
23 Pcs Tint Window Kit Car Window Tint Car Wrapping Micro Squeegee Tool Kit Mini Flexible Squeegee Curves Slot Tint Tool Set with Different Hardness for Installing Vehicle Wraps Tint Film Window Tint and Auto Stickers
- The lightweight knife with a non-slip handle provides a good grip to cut the vinyl into different and exact sizes and shapes.
- The black high-quality felt edge squeegee lasts longer than other ordinary squeegees. The felt strip protects against scratching. Once worn out, the felt can be easily removed and replaced with the extra pieces of fabric that are included in the pack.
- Includes an automotive window vinyl film wrap tool that is suitable for all types of window tints.
- The squeegee can be used to fix the film to narrow edges.
Car Vinyl Wrap Tool Kit, Window Tint Kit Auto Window Tint Installation Tool Kit, 5 in 1 Include Stainless Steel Edge Wraps and Flexible Micro Squeegee Curves Slot Tool Set with Different Hardness ISMARTGO amazon.com $12.99 SHOP NOW
Window Tint Repair – “Can you just repair the tint, or is replacement the only option?”
We hear this ALL the time. Usually this question is asked by folks on a budget who they are trying to save some money. We get it, everyone works hard for their money and we all like to “get a deal”. Hey that’s why we all shop at places like Walmart and Amazon, right?
The Bad News –
Window tint repair is actually NOT an option. Polyester window film is easily damaged by carelessness or abuse. Once the window tinting is damaged, it cannot be “repaired”
But that doesn’t mean you are without options.
The Good News –
We CAN replace the damaged window film with new window film that will look as good or better than your original window film installation.
The old window tinting needs to be removed, the adhesive cleaned off the glass, and new window film must be applied to the window (except in the case the owner just wants the tint off only).
Why Choose Auto Glass & Tint Shop
- Recommended by all insurance and dealerships
- In-shop or mobile service available
- Highest quality replacement glass
- Over 25 years of experience in the Auto Glass Industry
- 3M™ Authorized Window Film Dealer
Part 2 of 3: Fix tearing window tint
Repairing peeling tint is a little more complicated as you will need to remove the peeling section and install a new section of tinting.
Step 1: Determine an area to remove. Carefully mark out a square around the damaged and peeling tinting. Be sure it includes all of the peeling area.
Step 2: Cut the peeling area: Use a razor blade to cut the perimeter of your marked area.
Step 3: Lift the corner of cut section. Carefully lift a corner of the tinting of the cutout section, being careful to not rip or tear the undamaged tinting on the window.
- Note: Window tinting sheets have two layers so be sure your razor blade goes through both down to the glass.
Step 4: Apply water to peeling section. Use a spray bottle to apply a fine mist of distilled water to the section to be removed. This will help loosen the tinting.
Step 5: Remove the tinting film. Remove the cutout section, using the razor blade to loosen any difficult sections.
Step 6: Clean the window. Clean the section where the tinting has been removed, making sure to get all of the remaining glue or adhesive off of the window.
Step 7: Cut a section of new tinting film. You should cut out a section of new tinting film that is roughly 1 inch larger on all sides than the square.
Step 8: Wet the window. Wet the window using the spray bottle with distilled water.
Step 9: Apply new tinting. Apply the new tinting per the manufacturer’s instructions, pressing the film onto the glass and clearing any bubbles that form.
Step 10: Cut through old and new tinting. Use a straightedge to guide your razor blade to cut through both the old and new tinting where it overlaps on the edges of the square you cut out. Repeat this process on the other three sides.
Step 11: Pull out old tint. As you hold the new tinting in place, pull out the sections of the old tint that have been cut and press the new tint into place; it should fit in correctly.
- Tip: Use the straightedge to remove any air bubbles that have formed.
Schedule Windows Inspection
The most popular service booked by readers of this article is Windows Inspection. Once the problem has been diagnosed, you will be provided with an upfront quote for the recommended fix and receive $20.00 off as a credit towards the repair. YourMechanic’s technicians bring the dealership to you by performing this job at your home or office 7-days a week between 7AM-9PM. We currently cover over 2,000 cities and have 100k+ 5-star reviews… LEARN MORESEE PRICING & SCHEDULING
- If you accidentally tear your tint, there’s really no decent way to fix it. You’ll need to either live with the rip, or replace the tint.
Thanks! Helpful Not Helpful